Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple
NEW COLOR EDITION!!!
Excellent for USMLE Board Review!
A brief, clear, thorough, and highly enjoyable updated approach to clinical microbiology, brimming with mnemonics, humor, summary charts and illustrations, from Ebola to AIDS to flesh-eating bacteria; to mad cow disease, hantavirus, anthrax, smallpox, botulism, Clostridium difficile diagnosis and treatment; treatment of gonorrhea in light of growing antimicrobial resistance; Tuberculosis diagnostics, drugs for treatment of latent TB infection and MDR TB; the latest antibiotics; pandemic flu, including H7N9; SARS-like coronavirus; the latest hepatitis C treatment options; the latest HIV diagnostics and approved HIV meds; Zika virus; Measles and a new chapter on the latest emerging infectious diseases and drug resistant bacteria.
*The major update to this book is the addition of a brand new chapter on the SARS-COV-2 Virus and COVID-19 disease. This chapter delves into the nature of the virus such as:
- SARS-COV-2 Virus genetic makeup
- SARS-COV-2 Virus structural components
- Infectivity within the body
- Transmission between individuals
- Timeline of infectivity
- Risk factors
- Different laboratory testing methods
- Radiology findings in the infected
- Different PPE and their usefulness
- Therapeutics for COVID-19 such as: antiviral therapies, plasma treatment, monoclonal antibody therapy, anticoagulation and anti-inflammatory therapy
- Names and method of actions of all vaccines approved for use.
Companion Digital Download of Atlas of Microbiology program (Win/Mac).Download Now